Saturday, August 2, 2008

WOW!

Almost to double digits! I can't believe it! I guess if I had gone just one mroe 1/4 of a mile further I would have hit 10 miles today!! I started out good, and at a good pace. No aches or pains. I hit about mile 4 and my asthma started to give me a bit of trouble. By mile 5 my legs started feeling like dead weights. I kept going and never walked though. That felt pretty good to say! By mile 7 the heavy weight of my legs no longer felt heavy. Actually, I don't think I felt my legs much by that point. My toes however started to feel pinched. I thought for sure I would see blisters when I took off my shoes. Anyhow, I did 9.5 miles today and am pretty proud of myself. My thighs are a bit sore, my abs feel a bit tight, my hips are a bit sore. I guess that just means those are all muscles hiding and trying to come out . . hehehe We started the run a little after 5am (not sure exactly the time) and I finished the run at 7:03. Not bad. Then I rushed off to meet friends at Starbucks at 730am. We then walked across the way to Woodward Park (probably about another mile of walking there) to particpate in a Breast Feeding Awareness 2 mile walk. Plus a mile back to our cars so I'm think I hit about 13.5 miles today in all.

WOW!

So anyhow, my donations seems to have come to a halt - but I want to remind you guys that fundraising is NOT OVER!! I still have just over $1200 to raise and I only have just about 2 months to get it done. It can't be done without your help so don't forget to make your contribution to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at my page.

No comments: