Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shaving Legs

Do you know how hard it is to shave your legs after running 8 miles on hills? hahah . . I know weird title for a blog but damn! IT HURT! Trying to lift my legs enough to shave them. You know, I had to look somewhat nice for church tomorrow so it was a must. I felt like I needed one of those old granny seats to sit on and some bars on the wall to pull myself up! Ok, ok, so maybe that's a bit dramatic. But really . . I was very sore.

The hill run at Shaver Lake was gorgeous today! We got up there around 6 or a little after and I started running at precisely 6:27am. It was so beautiful to watch the sun come up as we hit the road to run. If I had been sitting still it might have been more beautiful. But instead I was concentrating more on trying to somehow get up those dang hills. They were definitely tough ones! By mile 1 I was looking for a bathroom . . man I had to pee! (Sorry for TMI). But by mile 3 my body had forgotten that sensation - and no I did not pee on myself while running . . hahaha Sorry - I'm in a insanely weird mood tonight . . .hehehe. Anyhow, By mile 3 my asthma started kicking up. Thank goodness for my new inhaler. It was tough enough to run in this elevation but I knew it was going to be more tough with my asthma.

I finally made it to the turnaround point and started my journey back. By mile 6 I thought "Hey this isn't so bad - I think I can do 12 today". But by the time I hit the hills on mile 7 I knew it wasn't going to happen. I hadn't gotten a good run in in a few weeks (the problem with having a deployed hubby and no one who can watch my kids in the early morning hours). So I finished the 8 mile completely-full-of-hills run and tried to relax. I stretched out tons but my thighs were still sore. I could feel the muscle building as I stood there . . hehehe. I finished the run at 7:58. So 8 miles on hills, 1 hr and 31 minutes, giving me 11:37 miles. Not too bad considering the amount of hills.

A wonderful team mate sold yummy breakfast burritos and thank goodness there were extras because I hadn't preordered (What was I thinking??). Then another team mate told me she wasn't going to come to my Hot Dog On A Stick fundraiser this coming Tuesday because it wasn't one of her fav foods. Completely understandable! But then she shocked me by donating to me. She, too, is running, and raising money. Yet she is so sweet she hands me $30 towards my goal. The thing I love about groups like this and other's I have been involved with in my life, is that the longer you're with them, the closer you become . . almost like a family. All the years I was in marching band growing up, it was a family. My playgroup - we're like family . .very very close. And TNT . . just like Family! So now (after donations go in) I'm about $600 from my goal. I only need $100 a week! I'm stoked!

I have four upcoming fundraisers to go in just the next two weeks! This Tuesday - August 26th - I'm doing a Hot Dog On A stick fundraiser. All you have to do if you live in Fresno is go eat there between the hours of 6pm and 8pm. If you go there, I'll be standing there handing out fliers. Simply give them the flier when you make your purchase and you have then donated 20% of your purchase towards my goal!

The next one is August 30th. I'll be doing a booth in Lemoore on the Navy Base selling my hair bows and bow holders.

The next one is on Sept 4th. I'll be having a Tastefully Simple Party here at my place at 6:30pm. A percentage will go towards my goal.

Last but not least is a End Of Summer Boutique. We will have ten different vendors at my house selling their goods. A percentage will be going towards mine and my friend Chandra's goal. I have a great feeling about this. It's from 11-4pm and I hope to see you there!

No comments: