Friday, August 8, 2008

a huge disappointment - again

So I come home from being gone for two days and once again sending out letters to those I think would support a friend or a relative. And again I come home to no "TNT Donation" e-mails. Nope - just a negative one. "Sorry - met my budget for donations this year" You know what bites more??? That the ones that negative letters come from are those that I have busted my butt in doing things for either them or their relatives for the past several years.

When you watch children at an unbelieveably - can not live on - wages but yet they can't do anything in return. Or those you have volunteer over and over and over again to help out, can't even give yo ua measely drive through hamburger meal of $5. People who you have bent over backwards to assist in the years prior but can't even return a "yes I can help" or "no I can't".

I HAVE $1200 more to come up with and I have a very bad feeling it is coming out of pocket - on top of moving expenses, and other necessities I am seriously going to need. My kids birthdays and Christmas's might be on the line if I can't get this up and going. Am I frustrated?? You don't even know the extent. Those people you think are there for you because they are family or close friends . . . just turn their heads and either say no or totally ignore you. Do I need to re-evaluate my friends and family? I think so.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

I am so sorry Jennie!! I totally understand where you are at!