Friday, October 3, 2008

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!

Let me first start by saying thank you to all who have supported me in this long journey! It has been stressful, honestly. I don't remember ever having as much stress as I have had to go through. Not only with the fundraisers, and getting people to donate, but to also find the time to train with a husband deployed half way across the world. But without your support (money-wise and emotionaly), I don't think I could have ever made it! I have had to go through planned fundraisers that were a flop. Fundraisers that stressed me out on getting the checks from the fundraising people. People who donated one amount ot me and a much higher to my friend - frustrating. Just wondering sometimes why I was doing this. But I know why I did it. And i knwo it made a difference. Little 7 year old Bryna's smile will show you the difference. She's an amazing kid who smiles constantly. She doesn't let her battle with Leukemia bring her down. She just goes on. What else can you do? Dwell? It just won't do any good. I've sat and asked myself why I ever agreed to do this. Why would I agree to raise such a large amount of money right before moving across the country? I know how much we needed the money and didn't want ot be put in the whole to do this. Granted the hubby did chip in $400 of his own money. So it did kind of dip us a bit. But I know he did it out of love and support for a goal that irealyl wanted to reach. After many months of trying to get a sitter and train, trying to train at wee hours of the morning, and trying to raise $2800, I HAVE NOW DONE IT! I'm excited! I'm relieved! And I can't wait to complete this journey adn run my half marathon through San Francisco!

So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to all those who took the time to give up a family meal to a fast food restaurant, or a night out to the movies, and donate that money to my cause. You are all unbelievable people! Amazing and so gracious! Photos to come from my journey soon. Sorry there haven't been any yet . . but I haven't had anyone take any of me . . just everyone else :( So someday my mug shot might be taken of me running.

BTW, watch out D.C. 2010! I'm dragging my sister into this next! and we WILL be running the FULL marathon! So . . . um . . . start saving for this incredible cause!!! I will be at your doors and mailboxes again!

3 comments:

Mel's Blog.... said...

Jen... I'm sooo proud of you! I look forward doing the Trail of Two Cities Half with you!

劉淑芬 said...

變天了~~注意身體,別感冒囉! .................................................................

montisua said...

thanks brother .....................