Monday, September 15, 2008

Feeling Great!

So ON Saturday morning I headed out to run with the team again. 10 miles. WOW! My longest yet. I was unsure how I would do but I felt great. The weather was great. Just a bit cold. I had on my long sleeve shirt over my running tank and after a breif stretch we headed out. Twice around Woodward Park, then off onto a trail. Mile 1 I was still a bit unsure how I would do. Mile 2, asthma started kicking in. Not sure I would evne pull off five today but I just kept going. Keeping my feet moving to the beat of the music, hoping no one would talk to me as I ran. I know ~ that sounds bad~ but I just can't run and talk. If i do, my mouth gets all dry and my asthma kicks in again. So I just try to look ahead and keep going. As long as my feet keep moving to the best, I'm pretty good.

By mile 4 I could feel some pain but was hoping it would disappear. Mile 5 came and I felt awesome! So then I take off on the trail, trying to avoid stopping at aid stations. I knwo they are there for a bit of refrashment, but if I stop, my muscles seem to tighten up rather quickly. So i just carry my shot blocks and keep myself going. Tossing in a bit of gatorade and water here and there to stay hydrated. Here comes the tough part. . . a hill. Hospital Hill. Man that thing is a killer. I think it's named that cause you might end up at the hospital afterwards . . lol. Anyhow, so up I went on that hill and reached the top. Made mu u-y and came back down. As always on a down hill, I picked up some speed. The speed felt good and I did my best to maintain it the last two miles in to the parking lot. Amazingly I did it. And i felt awesome! I didn't even have much pain the following a day. Just a bit of calf tightness. Other then that I had a great run!

So, tomorrow I go on another run. I'm doing my best to attend as many runs as possible. I'm doing daily sit-ups and push-ups to build up my upper body muscle. Another 3.1 ontop of what I did. . no sweat! I seriously think I can do this half marathon now! And I'm so excited to do it!

1 comment:

Mel's Blog.... said...

Okay mark this on your calendar Miss Running Diva- I'll run with you in 2010 at DC!