Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another Race

Today I ran a 5K for the North Fresno Rotary. It started and ended at Fig Garden Village here in Fresno. This time I started out on a much better pace. Even though I had only a few hours of sleep (thanks to my puppy and my youngest child), I still felt like I was running good. They didn't have placings in this one like the 4th of July run, but I just wanted to get some run time in. I ran the 5K in 21:04 this time. Once again, I never stopped running. I did almost roll my ankle though on a turn. My asthma started to kick my butt though I kept it under control. So basically, I think I did pretty good this time.

Unfortunately our run team is not training in the evenings for a while and only doing mornings. Mornings, that early, are too hard for me to find a sitter. If the hubby was here it would be a problem. But a 12 year old doesn't want to come to my house at 4:40 or 5:40am to babysit. So for now I will just train on my own.

No comments: